Thursday 26 March 2015

Title of short film

I had several ideas for the title of my short film.

The working title was 'Under Pressure' as this related to the character Carl pressuring Harry to sell drugs to his film but I felt it was to vague and generic and didn't fit that well with the style of film I wanted to create. In addition, a film with this title starring Charlie Sheen already existed and I didn't want to confuse the viewers of the film. 
Under pressure.jpg

My final two ideas for the title were 'This Time Around' and 'End of The Line'. 

This Time Around was chosen as it was the title of the song that I used over the credits and I felt this was a subtle link, much like the links with the other lyrics I am using in my film such as 'bloodstains' and 'she was struck down'. It could also relate to how 'this time around' Harry finally gets his revenge on Carl.

Despite the convincing argument to choose TTA, I chose 'End of the Line' as the title of my short film for several reasons. Firstly, metaphorically it relates to the presence of drugs in the film with the reference to 'the line'. This was subtle and I felt it worked well, especially when considered together with the fact 2 characters reach the literal 'end of the line' in death- Carl and Lauren. This was clever use of foreshadowing, a feature that is prevalent in my short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment