Monday 23 March 2015

Locations used #2

The second location that I used was an industrial estate for the scenes involving the characters Carl and Harry, where they fight and Carl bundles Harry into his car.

The original loaction I was planning to use was a disused quarry much like the picture below.



I was forced to change the location for several reasons. Firstly, finding a quarry like the one above and getting permission to use the area would be difficult, lengthy and would halt production. Secondly, there would be an increased risk to health and safety of the actors involved due to the rocky surroundings. Thirdly, a scene invloving the car may have damaged the car due to the rocky terrain. In addition, positioning the tripod would have been difficult and would have impaired the quality of the footage.

To avoid this, I decided to film at an public industrial estate, so I wouldn't need to get permission. I filmed on a Sunday, as to avoid any workmen, vehicles and noise that would come from the area.

I found a industrial area nearby on Google Maps that was useable for the shooting of my short film.





Down the road, to the right, there was a free area that fitted the mise-en-scene of my shot as it appeared disused and had some outstanding ready-made props such as dumpsters, strewn rubbish and had an overall metallic, industrial feel.

I will upload shots of the location in action once the editing of my short film is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment